Sunday 17 February 2008

Today - 17/02/08

Yaaay, Merlin is ok. His cut had stopped bleeding yesterday, and he wasn't in any noticeable pain when I put on his headcollar. I did some of his leading exercises, which he carried out perfectly and I even made some progress with picking up his feet. This has been very hard for him, as he went from being a good boy with his feet, to kicking out whenever I went near him. Something happened to put him off, but as it was before he came to live with us, I guess I'll never know.

The new buckets I bought are great. They're made from recycled car tyres, so fit very nicely with my recycling ethics, and also are completely safe for silly ponies that love to roll on buckets!!!



What is very interesting is that the new buckets prove the theory that horses can see most colours as we do. When I went into the field with the boys' feeds, they completely ignored me, as I wasn't carrying their brightly coloured buckets. I had to walk right up to them before they showed the least bit of interest.

2 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

I've got those for my horses too Kim. Just as well, since Itsy rolls on her bucket when she's had a feed!

Kim said...

They're great aren't they. I'm so glad I got them, I've been thinking of it for ages, but Merlin forced the issue :)

love kim x