Sunday 10 February 2008

Today 10/02/08

Well, it's been a busy week, what with me getting to grips with setting up the vegetable plot. So Merlin has had another quiet week. I still go through a few routines with him before he gets his bucket, but they only take a few minutes. Mostly reinforcing his good manners and respecting personal space, but good groundwork for the lessons to come.

But eeerrrkkk, did he stink today! I think he found the smelliest pile of fox pooh and rolled until he was plastered. Then wondered why I was less than enthusiastic for a cuddle. After giving him a good brush, he gave me one of his special hugs that could melt even the coldest heart. As I was standing by his shoulder, he tilted his head up, nose pointing skyward and rubbed his forehead up and down my cheek, and then just stayed there for a moment. Priceless! What made it even better was that his cheek was the only part of him that didn't pong, so I was doubly grateful.

A bit later, he and Toffee indulged in a long game of 'bitey face' which turned into 'bitey bum' and then 'stand on your hind legs for as long as possible', which Merlin of course won because it's his favorite discipline :)

No comments: