Sunday 27 January 2008

Today - 26/01/08


Well, I've not done a whole lot with Merlin this week because it's either been too wet or windy, and I'm not about to play silly devils in a slippery paddock, surrounded by madly waving trees!

Today, we had a marvelous time though and Merlin played around as we cleared some old wood for a fire. He helped me strip some hawthorn berries from a pruned branch and even tasted a few. Then he chased me up the muck heap, as he wanted to see what the view was like from the top! It was full of lovely, stinking smells and he spent ages sniffing and snuffling around, and then wiped his yukky face on the truck windows. All of this was because we opened up the top paddocks and gave both ponies the free run of them.



This was what he spent most of his time doing though!!!


When he'd calmed down, I gave him his supper and he gave me the loveliest of cuddles. As he was tucking into his hay, I leant over his back and he turned his head right around and snuffled my hands. I stayed there for ages gradually increasing the weight, but he ignored me, apart from the occasional sniff on my hands, and to see what I was doing I suppose.

In all a very good day, although at first glance it may appear unremarkable, I feel like Merlin is starting to treat us very differently and is seeking out our company more and more.

No comments: