Tuesday 15 January 2008

Part two




Sorry for the poor quality of this photo, but it was taken with my phone camera on the day that Merlin arrived at Yarrow Field.

I'm going to mix in daily happenings along with recounting our early days with Merlin. After all, we've had him just over a year and if I were to write it all in order, I would be forever playing catch-up!

Merlin arrived, excited, nervous and looking very small and fragile compare to Toffee and Oliver, our big, robust New Foresters. At over 15hands, Oliver made Merlin look like a foal, but Merlin wasn't phased. He'd been kept in a paddock with a 17hands grey shire horse! I'd already decided to keep the boys in a bachelor herd as I felt it would help Merlin to be sociable and less likely to defend his paddock. Although in the first few weeks, he had a small paddock alongside Toffee and Oliver, so that they could acquaint themselves safely.



Straight away Merlin decided that adoration was very good for him, and he does love being with the children.

No comments: