Wednesday 8 July 2009

Hurtling onwards.

That's how it feels, like I'm hurtling towards Sunday and nothing can save me now :) It's been less than a week since I found out that Merlin can go to the Eriskay Southern show in Cholderton and I've been rushing around trying to get everything ready in time. Having given up on doing any shows this year I find myself woefully ill prepared, but then it would seem that I thrive on adrenaline and it doesn't give me too much time to worry. Merlin has certainly stepped up to the plate and is lungeing and moving like he's had intensive training for months. He has a peramanent smile I think :)

He performed so well for the vet last night, that he was disappointed when the vet drove off and neighed at his car to come back and see more. He's a shocking show off! If he keeps his mind on his work and off all the lovely totty then we'll be fine on Sunday, so please keep your fingers crossed for us.

Today we are tackling obstacles to prepare for the trailer arriving on Saturday. I want Merlin to load like he's always done it, and then we'll take him for a little drive in the evening. I'm a little worried about Toffee being left on his own for a whole day, but I've asked a neighbour to pop in and check him and give him a cuddle. So hopefully he won't feel too alone.

Other than that, we're just about ready to go!!!! I'll be back with lots of photos in a day or two :)

4 comments:

Kim said...

I am so excited for you and Merlin... be sure to tell us all about the fun. And yes, lots of pictures! He'll be fine, and so will you...and I am sending you both energy and tranquility!

Kim said...

Thank you again Kim, I need it by the spadefull :)

Kim x

Bovey Belle said...

Good luck to you both Kim, and fingers crossed that he passes his inspection.

Kim said...

Thank you Jennie :)

Kim x