Sunday 23 November 2008

Bridles and bits.

Well, plaiting the mane worked to make it lay on the correct side and I think it looks rather nice, but can you see what Merlin has in his mouth? Yes, he is wearing his bit and bridle. I was sooo pleased with him. He took the bit with no trouble and stood so quietly as I adjusted the straps and checked the fit.



He turned the bit around in his mouth and had a good old chew,



then much yawning and thinking, before I gave him a rest and took it all off.



After five minutes, I popped it back in for a brief moment, just to see if he would take it again. No problem, and he deserved his little treat for a reward.

2 comments:

Kim said...

It sounds like life with Merlin is getting better and better. Better weather will bring the possibility of a ride soon... can't you just not hardly wait? (I know, atrocious grammer) Reading about your mucking out the shelter (in oakmoon) brought back lots of really good memories...

Kim said...

Thanks Kim, he's such a poppet at the moment, I can't spend enough time with him :)

Kim x