Saturday 29 November 2008

Summer.

Today I opened an email to discover to my delight a picture of this stunning little mare. She is RBF Cholderton Summer, Merlin's full sister. I've kept in touch with the farm that bred Merlin and they've emailed me to say that she is currently for sale!




I would so desperately love to buy her, as she's a stunner and if Merlin's lovely nature is anything to go by, I'll bet she's a poppet too! She has a typical strong neck and low dock, with a generous rib cage. Her body is a little longer than Merlin's, which is perfect for breeding as the Stallion should be short backed and the mare needs the extra length to carry her young in comfort.

Obviously we couldn't have her, being so closely related to Merlin, and I wouldn't part with him now for anything in the World, and for people who know me, know I'm not saying this lightly, I wouldn't give him up for all the tea in China.

4 comments:

Jennifer MacNeill said...

What a lovely blog. Being a horsey type, I have never heard of the Eriskay Pony. I will have to do some research now!

Kim said...

Thanks for dropping by Jennifer :)

Kim

Unknown said...

lovely updates, there are some great pictures of the lovely merlin there :)
it's so weird to see a bay Eriskay. I've seen dark grey ones and one black one (Kestrel)on pictures but never a bay one.
She is lovely though, love her small head, so many eriskays have these huge wonking heads out of proportion to their bodies.
Have fun with merlin this winter

Kim said...

She is lovely Kim, but oh it is good to hear you say that about Merlin! Now just remember that the next time he tries your patience!