Wednesday 15 October 2008

UhOh!!!

Oh dear! Despite a stinking headache, I took the time out today to do a rough sketch of Merlin and it struck me that unless I've been paid, the only other portraits I've ever done of horses were of Oliver! It feels very much that in the last few weeks I've become very smitten again with Merlin and hopefully I can move on and enjoy my time with the two ponies that I do have rather than missing the one I don't.

This is a very rough sketch, but I'm going to ink it in and post the finished picture in a day or two. Who knows, if it turns out well, I may frame it. Maybe I shouldn't leave Toffee out either :)

4 comments:

The Crackled Horse Company said...

Merlin is a cutie and poses so well for his portraits! Look forward to the finished piece, but have to say... the sketch is brilliant enough!? Lumps of sugar to Toffee and Merlin ( I love horses )
Helen @ The Crackled one! x

Kim said...

Thanks for dropping by Helen, he doesn't pose that well actually. I make lots and lots of rough sketches in the field and sometimes I'll just have a whole page of legs or backsides! Then I'll use a photo for the pose and to get the details right.

Kim x

Dark_wolfs_howl said...

oh my goodness. Last time I saw Merlin he was about 2 months old! I was working at Cholderton when Winnie foaled.

He is looking so amazing! Its so good to see him ^_^

Kim said...

Wow, thanks for dropping by, it's always great to hear stories about Merlin before he came to us. He's very special and shows us just how much on a daily basis :)

Kim x