Monday 6 October 2008

Angel.

I'm more than pleased with Merlin's behaviour lately, I think Autumn seems to be his favourite time of year. He's just been soooo good and very willing to learn. We went for a lovely walk around the lane today, and he was a complete Angel. He was trotting and halting almost as the words were out of my mouth and he coped really well with an assortment of hedge cutters, strimmers and leaf blowers! He did try and nip my behind a couple of times, but that's just normal behaviour for him :)

Now that he has finally finished cutting his front tooth, I can start to think about bitting him properly. I know it's necessary for his breaking in, but he goes so well in his rope halter that I've been reluctant to muck about with his mouth too much. I just know that if I take him to a show, the bit is compulsory, so I may as well get him used to it now.

I'm also planning to back him this week, although the weather forecast is grim and my tough little pony so hates to get wet!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's lovely how you keep this blog updated, I love to come back to it. Please post more pictures of Merlin too :)
My boy had his mane hogged...it took a while to get used to it but now he looks rather smart. Hope Merlin doesn't have to go through that yet.
All the best to you and Merlin :)

Kim said...

Thanks for dropping by Jenny. I'll get some pictures of me trying to back him. I think that should be entertaining :)

Kim x

Kim said...

ps, jenny, any chance of some pictures of your boy? Do you have a blog?

Kim