Tuesday 4 March 2008

Today - 04/03/08

How very odd! Merlin seems to have taken on several of Oliver's traits which has actually unnerved me a bit . Lets face it, he's a stallion, so he's going to be sharp enough to figure out if the electric fence is on or off. Oliver showed him how to listen to it ticking, but Merlin has worked out how to undo it with his teeth! What has surprised me is that Merlin has started to run to me when I whistle and he's taken on Oliver's habit of calling and chuntering when I appear with the buckets. So yesterday and this morning he was cantering around, watching me and neighing 'Look at me, are you looking?' and 'where's my bucket, is it ready yet?' Toffee as always, stands patiently knowing that I'll get there eventually and he'll never go hungry or without anything!

I've started my search for harness for them both, as this will be the year that Toffee is broken to cart and all going well, Merlin will be too. Although breaking Merlin to saddle will come first for him. A few shows for them both is on the cards too, although I may have to sweet talk Andrew into buying a trailer. Not sure how that one will go down, if at all! He may just laugh, a lot, and that will be the end of it!

No comments: